EBANKIT-OMNICHANNEL INNOVATION, S.A. (hereafter EBANKIT), with headquarters at Rua José Falcão, 133, 4050-317 Porto (PORTUGAL) and VAT 510.857.639 is a Portuguese provider of Omnichannel Banking solutions, namely Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, Wearable Technology Apps, Kiosks, Front-end; Social Banking and integration with social networks.
1. POLICY SCOPE AND COVERAGE.
2. WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA.
- Personal data (or Personally Identifiable Information (PII)) refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Thus, personal data is information that identifies you as an individual.
3. HOW WE MAY USE ANY PERSONAL DATA.
- EBANKIT uses personal data in an appropriate and expected way.
- We may use your Personal Data for the following:
- Any provision of services made available through our websites, applications, social media and email messages;
- For the WEBSITE’s operations and/or management;
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, namely, to send you newsletters or publications that you request or to register you for events;
- To provide customer support;
- To keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and use it to respond to you;
- To send business information, for example, information regarding EBANKIT’s products and services;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities;
- To adapt the services to the needs of its users.
- Such collection of personal data is an essential tool for your satisfaction and such personal data is processed in accordance with the applicable law and best practices.
- The personal data will not be re-used for any incompatible purpose
4. WHICH PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT.
- EBANKIT collects and processes personal data necessary and adequate for the above referred purposes. Namely, we will collect and process your:
- email address;
- Company name;
- Telephone and/or mobile phone numbers.
- We can also automatically register in our servers some general data, such as:
- Browser and device information;
- IP address;
- Requested pages.
- App usage data;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you;
- Aggregated information.
5. HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED.
- Your personal data will be collected through forms and through our websites, applications, social media and email messages that you send to us, but also, through direct contact with our clients, potential clients, their affiliates and affiliated individuals, through subscriptions submitted to our website and through information publicly available on legitimate and legally compliant subscription services.
- Your personal data will also be collected:
- Through your browser or device;
- Through your use of the App;
- Using cookies;
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies;
- IP Address;
- From you;
- By aggregating information.
- We assume the compromise that the processing of any personal data shall be lawful.
- We do not sell, rent or otherwise share or disclose your private, personally identifiable information to third parties.
- Because of the nature of our business, our services and benefits are not designed to appeal to minors. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children.
- Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive.
- Check our COOKIES POLICY to know more about this subject, namely which cookies EBANKIT uses and what they are used for.
7. ON PIXEL TAGS AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES.
- Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
8. HOW WE SECURE AND PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
- EBANKIT takes your personal information security very seriously, and does its best to safeguard it.
- Keeping in mind the state of the art and the technical knowledge available, EBANKIT takes all commercially reasonable steps consistent with industry practice to use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against destruction, accidental or unlawful loss, accidental alteration, disclosure or unauthorized access, within a level of security appropriate to the nature of the data being protected.
- However, you understand that no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and EBANKIT cannot guarantee the total security of any information it stores against all possible situations of unauthorized access, hardware or software failures and other factors that may compromise the security of the information.
- You must make a careful use of our websites, applications, social media and email messages in order to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, namely, by limiting the access such devices might have through the websites, applications, social media and email messages.
- If you have reason to believe that your interaction with EBANKIT is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
9. HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
- Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, any personal data shall be stored and kept for such period or for a maximum of ten (10) years, period which is deemed to be sufficient for the purposes for which the personal data was collected.
- After this period, any personal data collected will be eliminated.
10. HOW YOU CAN RECTIFY YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
- EBANKIT updates, corrects and erases personal data on a regular basis.
- Notwhistanding, you may update your personal data at any time by contacting EBANKIT through the proper contact form requesting this rectification, erasure, update and/or modification.
11. YOUR RIGHT OF ACCESS AND ELIMINATION.
- Data protection laws grant you the right to access and eliminate your personal data at any time, as well as the right to oppose the use of such personal data.
- To this purpose, you should submit to us a written request through the proper contact form.
- In case you request us to delete some of or all of your personal data, you must be aware that some of the personal data may be stored for a longer period of time so as to fulfil any of EBANKIT’s legal obligations.
12. YOUR CLIENTS PERSONAL DATA.
- If you provide us with any personal data regarding your clients, you accept that you are the controller of such personal data and you will comply with the applicable legislation.
- EBANKIT will only process such personal data on your behalf acting as your processor, accordingly with your specific instructions.
- You also warrant EBANKIT against any claims directed to us from such clients.
13. DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES.
- Sharing of your personal data may occur under the following conditions:
- EBANKIT may rely on third parties for the provision of certain services on its behalf, and these third parties may have access to some personal data. EBANKIT ensures that entities that have access to personal data are credible and offer high guarantees of protection, never transmitting more data than that which is necessary to provide the contracted service; and,
- EBANKIT may also transmit data to third parties regarding investigations, judicial enquiries and legal and/or administrative procedures, when ordered to do so by a court of law.
14. THIRD PARTIES’ WEBSITES.
- Our websites, applications, social media and email messages may contain links to other websites.
- You understand that such websites may collect and process your personal data, and such processing is the sole responsibility of such websites owners, and therefore, EBANKIT is not responsible for their privacy policies and/or practices.
15. DATA TRANSFER.
- In the event of any personal data being transferred to third-parties in countries which are not Member States of the European Union, EBANKIT will comply with the applicable legislation, in particular in regard to the adequate level of protection offered to personal data and the requirements for such transfers, not transferring personal data to jurisdictions that do not provide adequate safety and security guarantees.
- Our websites, applications, social media and email messages are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that these individuals not provide us with any personal data through our websites, applications, social media and email messages.
17. SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA.
- Do not send us, and do not disclose to us any personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic information, biometric information, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
- Such personal data will be immediately erased.
- Such changes, readjustments and/or amendments will be properly communicated.
19. CONTACT DETAILS.
20. LAST REVIEW.
- 24 May, 2018. OPORTO (PORTUGAL)